Establishment of new scientific society
As a new initiative for the research field of clinical health promotion, a scientific society has been established at the 21st international HPH conference in Gothenburg, Sweden in May 2013. The society will offer researchers, administrators and decision makers and everyone interested in research the opportunity to exchange knowledge and build on research-oriented collaborations.
The Society provides a dynamic international forum for exchange of knowledge among researchers, health professionals and other interested in Clinical health promotion research to enhance their contribution for better health gain and will function as a platform for all researchers and provide a dynamic international forum for discussion and dissemination of relevant research results.
It is a non-profit corporation organised exclusively for charity, educational and scientific purposes, including the following:
- To promote research on ClinHP for patients, staff and community
- To disseminate research and best practice of ClinHP for patients, staff and community
- To promote the training and international exchange of scientists/health professionals who are studying and researching problems in relation to ClinHP.
- To advise national and international agencies (Health Ministries, EU Commission etc.) on research within ClinHP.
- To promote national and international cooperation and exchange among and through its members via various means, including scientific meetings, workshops and e-learning, the printing, publication and distribution of the peer-reviewed scientific journal ‘Clinical Health Promotion – Research & Best Practice for patients, staff and community’.
The Scientific Society will have a special focus on young researchers and offer support and encouragement for this group through workshops, tutorials and meet’n’greets with professors and senior researchers.
For more information visit www.clinhp.org/scientific-society where you can sign up for member ship, newsletter and more.