NOW ONLINE: VOL 4 ISSUE 1 | April 2014
Vol. 4, Issue 1 | April 2014 | Supplementum: Abstract book from the 22nd HPH Conference, Barcelona, Spain, 2014
Research and Best Practice
- Editorial: Clinical Treatment + Clinical Health Promotion = Better Treatment Results Immediately
- Screening for depression, anxiety, and general psychological distress in pre-operative surgical patients: A psychometric analysis of the Patient Health Questionnaire 4 (PHQ-4)
Kerper LF, Spies CD, Tillinger J, Wegscheider K, Salz A, Weiss-Gerlach E, Neumann T, Krampe H
- Clinical Health Promotion in the Czech Republic: Standards Compliance and Service Provision
Svane JK, Raisova B, Stanecka Z, Zdenek D, Richter M, Cahlikova J, Vlachova M, Opocenska M, Tonnesen H
- Hospital employees’ experience with a Pedometer challenge in a health promoting hospital
Sounan C, Lavoie-Tremblay M, Lavigne G, Martin K, Cyr G
- New PHD Theses on Clinical HP: Scand-Ankle: Cost-effectiveness of Alcohol Cessation Intervention in Acute Fracture Surgery
News from the HPH Network
- Team-up for Clinical Health Promotion - beneficial and rewarding networking
- The first members from Pakistan & Ghana have joined the HPH Network
- Legacy statement from the chair of the HPH Governance Board, Dr. Shu-Ti Chiou
- Follow the HPH Network on Social Media - join the global LinkedIn Group
- HPH Material in local language needed
News from SEEHN
Establishment of new scientific society
As a new initiative for the research field of clinical health promotion, a scientific society has been established at the 21st international HPH conference in Gothenburg, Sweden in May 2013. The society will offer researchers, administrators and decision makers and everyone interested in research the opportunity to exchange knowledge and build on research-oriented collaborations.
The Society provides a dynamic international forum for exchange of knowledge among researchers, health professionals and other interested in Clinical health promotion research to enhance their contribution for better health gain and will function as a platform for all researchers and provide a dynamic international forum for discussion and dissemination of relevant research results.
It is a non-profit corporation organised exclusively for charity, educational and scientific purposes, including the following:
- To promote research on ClinHP for patients, staff and community
- To disseminate research and best practice of ClinHP for patients, staff and community
- To promote the training and international exchange of scientists/health professionals who are studying and researching problems in relation to ClinHP.
- To advise national and international agencies (Health Ministries, EU Commission etc.) on research within ClinHP.
- To promote national and international cooperation and exchange among and through its members via various means, including scientific meetings, workshops and e-learning, the printing, publication and distribution of the peer-reviewed scientific journal ‘Clinical Health Promotion – Research & Best Practice for patients, staff and community’.
The Scientific Society will have a special focus on young researchers and offer support and encouragement for this group through workshops, tutorials and meet’n’greets with professors and senior researchers.
For more information visit www.clinhp.org/scientific-society where you can sign up for member ship, newsletter and more.